On Wed, Jun 15, 2005 at 08:43:51PM +0300, Guy Teverovsky wrote:
> Or you can enroll to the Beta and instead of listening to the rummors, jusge
> it for yourself.
> I did... My first impressions have been blogged here:
> http://guy.netguru.co.il/archives/6-Dazed-and-confused-Microsofts-MSH-shell-codename-Monad.html

A small follow-up, which I hope is relevant to this list:

| Now this is where it goes totally wrong. Monad is all about piping
| objects and not plain text. In the MSH world you will encounter terms
| like "methods", "properties", "attributes" and so on... While I think
| that programmers will appreciate the added functionality of Monad, I am
| still quite confused and not sure what sysadmins will think about it.
|
| Judge for yourself. The following construct lists the files used by
| currently running processes:
| QUOTE:

| [EMAIL PROTECTED] > get-process | pick-object ProcessName -expand modules |
table Processname,FileName | more

| ProcessName FileName
| ----------- --------
| alg C:\WINDOWS\System32\alg.exe
| alg C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntdll.dll
| alg C:\WINDOWS\system32\kernel32.dll
[snip]

In the unix shell actually everything is simple text that can be
manipulated with the same tools. You don't need special tools for
processes and for sockets and for whatevernewdatatype.

I recall seeing the same approach in on shell called probably something
like "perl shell" or "python shell" using that language. I don't see
much use of that shell.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                           |  best