there are tcl obfuscation tools - out there - and there are tcl compilers and installers - just google for them the tcl fanatics already thought of that :-)

Nadav Har'El wrote:

On Wed, Jun 29, 2005, Nzer Zaidenberg wrote about "Re: compiling expect sources or
easy to use c++ engine?":
the problem is that since the xxx.exp is script (readable to all) all the code
is provided to the customer.
we don't want that so i want to either rewrite it with C++ engine (similar to expect) or compile xxx.exp to xxx.a.out (make the source invisible!)
is it feasible?

Since the majority of subscribers to this list, me included, are free software
fanatics ( ;-) ), it will be hard for you to get a real answer on this question
here, even if the answer was a definite yes.

But to the point: No, I don't personally know of a TCL (that's the language
behind Expect) compilation tool - but I'd assume one exists as TCL is a
very mature language (I've used over a decade ago) and you should just try
"TCL compiler" on Google or something.

But for your obfuscation purposes, why a compiler at all? Why not just
use some silly obfuscation (or "encryption", if you'd like to call it that..)
on the script, and when you want to run it, just unobfuscate it before running
it? Yes, this method is insecure because users can figure out how to
unobfuscate your code. But they can also figure out how to uncompile your
compiled code, so what's the point really?

I've never heard of any computer cracker of software "pirate" being stopped,
or even slowed down considerably, by code being compiled. So I find it sad that
people feel they must hide their code by compilation.

--
Danny Lieberman
Visit us at http://www.software.co.il