Hello,

This question may be relevant to running "pidof" generally on processes
which were run by passing an argument in the command line;
To me it occurred with python.

I am running a python script of xen.

I want to be able to get the pid of that process by running "pidof".

The command line for running the script is
/xend start
(but in fact it runs "python ./xend start" because the first line in "xend"
script is "#!/usr/bin/env python".)

("python ./xend start"" is also what we get (among other processes) from
ps -aux |grep python for that specific process I am talkng about).

I want to be able to get the pid of that process by runnning "pidof".

 pidof "python ./xend start" gives nothing (in Bash and in Tcshell).

        pidof "python" gives 4 processes (one of them is the requested one).

        Moreover:
        2502 is the process id of the wanted process.
         cat /proc/2502/cmdline
         gives:
         python./xendstart

but trying pidof "python./xendstart" (also with one apostrphe or none at all)
         gave nothing.

         Any idea?

         Amir