OA>> Microsoft has announced that starting this November (11/2005) Hotmail
OA>> will implement Sender ID(*) notifications to clients - when an email
OA>> is received w/o Sender ID verification the user will be displayed
OA>> with a warning bar. I'm assuming this is kind of adoption you were
OA>> thinking of ?

Yes, partially. Except that it would better be open standard (your (*))
and it should be implemented strategically - i.e. not only in Hotmail but
in Exchange, Outlook, etc.

OA>> mainly as MS are known to do only things that promote their
OA>> proprietary protocols and not others.  IBM is probably not much

That is not entirely correct, at least for now - they are vigorously
promoting any protocols or standards they chose, but they do value
standartization and open protocols lately - e.g. most of their .net specs
are public. While there is no doubt that they have their own agenda and
would promote it, it would not necessary contradict with my needs or OSS
software developers' and users' needs.

Last but not least, I think I can tolerate protocol "controlled" by some
Big Corporate Entity, provided the protocol itself is public and possible
to implement independently and that it is actually used and accepted.
--
[EMAIL PROTECTED]       \/  There shall be counsels taken
Stanislav Malyshev      /\  Stronger than Morgul-spells