On Tue, Jul 12, 2005 at 12:54:07PM +0300, Diego Iastrubni wrote:

> Whats the difference between it and MSYS+MinGW?

Sorry, no idea. If this helps, it's much more integrated than Cygwin,
which IMHO implements a linux emulation layer on top Windows.

In useage IMHO Cygwin is a halfway point between Linux under a VMWare
kind of thing, where SFU is more like MacOS X, where everything fits
together and you can seamlessly run native GUI, command line shells
(ksh,csh and bash) and X windows.

I should point out that I've never tried to run SFU's X system, I always
ssh into the system or drag may self downstairs if I need to use the
GUI.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson, Jerusalem, Israel [EMAIL PROTECTED]  N3OWJ/4X1GM
IL Voice: (077)-424-1667  IL Fax: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838