ביום שלישי, 12 ביולי 2005, 13:51, נכתב על ידי Shlomi Fish:
> > Whats the difference between it and MSYS+MinGW?
it = MS Services for UNIX

> Well, MinGW stands for Minimal GNU for Win32. It's basically a port of the
> compiler and other compilation tool-chain, so it will run on Win32, but
> without trying to give a more UNIXish API (like fork(), signals, etc.) Some
> UNIX software don't require these UNIXisms and so can run unmodified on
> Win32, after compiled with MinGW or Visual C++. See for example:
>
> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
>
> As opposed to MinGW cygwin or MS Services for UNIX (formerly Interix and
> formerly OpenNT) attempt to provide a UNIX-like emulation with fork(), and
> many other UNIXisms.
so in real life the only difference is the fork() syscall?
For all other purposes to me they look the same. What other "UNIXisms" are
available in billies tool that there are not available in MinGW+MSYS?

Note:
I am using MSYS+MinGW for a few months, I do know what it is, I am clueless
about billie's tool.

--
diego, kde-il translation team, http://www.kde.org/il