Hi,
First , modprobe i810_audio passes ok and the module is loaded.

running : "/sbin/modprobe snd-slot-0" gives:
modprobe: Can't locate module snd-slot-0 (on the shell window).
running this command does not generate any messages in kernel log.

I am using GMOME desktop;
There is a notification applet (/usr/libexec/notification-area-applet)
but I don't know exactly what it is and if this causes the problem.

I had tried to look at the output of ps -auxww to see for who is
causing thid problem : here is the output  (leftmost coulumn -titled "COMMAND")
of ps -auxww :

init [3]
[keventd]
[kapmd]
[ksoftirqd_CPU0]
[bdflush]
[kswapd]
[kscand/DMA]
[kscand/Normal]
[kscand/HighMem]
[kupdated]
[mdrecoveryd]
[kjournald]
[khubd]
[kjournald]
[eth0]
syslogd -m 0
klogd -x
[portmap]
/usr/sbin/sshd
xinetd -stayalive -pidfile /var/run/xinetd.pid
rpc.rquotad
[nfsd]
[nfsd]
[lockd]
[rpciod]
[nfsd]
rpc.mountd
gpm -t ps/2 -m /dev/input/mice
cupsd
[xfs]
0:00 login -- root
/sbin/mingetty tty2
/sbin/mingetty tty3
/sbin/mingetty tty4
/sbin/mingetty tty5
/sbin/mingetty tty6
-tcsh
/bin/sh /usr/X11R6/bin/startx
xinit /etc/X11/xinit/xinitrc --
X :0
/usr/bin/gnome-session
ssh-agent /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients
/usr/libexec/gconfd-2 11
/usr/libexec/bonobo-activation-server --ac-activate --ior-output-fd=16
/usr/bin/metacity --sm-client-id=default1
gnome-settings-daemon --oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_SettingsDaemon
--oaf-ior-fd=14
[fam]
gnome-panel --sm-client-id default2
nautilus --no-default-window --sm-client-id default3
magicdev --sm-client-id default4
eggcups --sm-client-id default6
pam-panel-icon --sm-client-id default0
/usr/bin/python /usr/bin/rhn-applet-gui --sm-client-id default5
/sbin/pam_timestamp_check -d root
/usr/libexec/gkb-applet-2
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_KeyboardApplet_Factory --oaf-ior-fd=20
gnome-terminal
/usr/libexec/notification-area-applet
--oaf-activate-iid=OAFIID:GNOME_NotificationAreaApplet_Factory
--oaf-ior-fd=24
[gnome-pty-helpe]
-csh
/bin/sh /opt/fireFox1/firefox-installer/firefox
/bin/sh /opt/fireFox1/firefox-installer/run-mozilla.sh
/opt/fireFox1/firefox-installer/firefox-bin
/opt/fireFox1/firefox-installer/firefox-bin

any idea?

RG