Muli,

I well aware of the controversy surrounding FS access from kernel
modules and I accept, that in general, kernel modules should be using
the FS for storage.
However, in essence, I'm using the *wrong* tool for the right job: I
shouldn't be using Linux on a i386/x86-64 in the first place; I should
be using a network OS with a network chip.
However, Linux/x86 uses (relatively) cheap hardware and has massive
driver support and a kernel modules is (again, relatively) easy to write
and modify. Oh... and Linux is easy to bend :)

After doing some contemplating I decided that I don't really need access
to an FS; or actually,  all I need a is huge cyclic buffer with fast
sequential R/W and force-able sync. If anything the VFS layer will only
slow me down.
I wonder if the raw character code is code enough to be yanked out and
used for this project?

Anyways, Thanks.
Gilboa