Michael

Your IDE options on Linux are a bit limited. Most real programmers seem to stick with Emacs.

My personal experience with Eclipse is that the IDE is non-standard, very java and web oriented, slow and prone to crashing. Having said that, they seem to be making an effort to be friendlier to C/C++ developers - see this recent announcement http://www.linuxdevices.com/news/NS6555370872.html

The only other C/C++ IDE OSS project I'm familiar with is Code Blocks; http://www.codeblocks.org/features.shtml, and people have nice things to say about them.

Danny

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

What about Eclipse? I think it was designed to satisfy many needs such as yours. (Though it probably fails on the "light" item.)

My personal experience with Eclipse was a little frustrating - I
couldn't find a decent vi pluggin, and I'm too old to learn a new
editor. So I gave up.

I'd be very interested to hear what others think of Eclipse, or
alternatives (if there are any).

Michael