On Tue, Sep 06, 2005 at 12:13:34AM +0300, guy keren wrote:

> hi,
>
> the background to my question, is that i find myself going to various
> places to give lectures, and i need to be able to run a linux environment
> with a given configuration. too often i have to rely on other people
> bringing their laptops (and i personally hate laptops).
>
> then i thought that there should be no problem putting an entire PC in a
> very very small box (by small i mean something like a 1-2 cigarette packs
> in size, and a few hundread grams in weight). i don't need it to have an
> internal batery, but it should be easy to attach a power supply. it does
> not need too much cooling, since it'll be turned on for a few hours at a
> time, and be off most of the time.
>
> it does need to have a connector for a PS/2 keyboard, a PS/2 mouse, and
> 2-4 USB entries (one for a disk-on-key, 2 for USB mouse/keyboard) and a
> monitor output. having a sound-card + earphones outlet would be nice too.

This is basically a laptop. Why not a disk-on-key? Actually it would
probably be a bit too small and limited. But you can get a case for a
2.5" HD with a USB connector. Fits in your pocket and can store some
40GB.

Enough for several partiions for several OSes. And maybe even several
versions of qemu.

A laptop is basically limited by the size of a decent screen and a
decent keyboard.

--
Tzafrir Cohen         | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | VIM is
[EMAIL PROTECTED] |                           |  best