Shlomo Solomon wrote:
I haven't written Pascal for over 20 years, so I'm sorry if this is trivial, but since I NEVER wrote Pascal under Linux, maybe it is on-topic :-).

Here's a trivial piece of code:

for x := 120 to 130 do
        begin
        write (x);
        write ('=');
        write (char(x));
        writeln ('  ');
        end

And here's the output:

120=x
121=y
122=z
123={
124=|
125=}
126=~
127=
128=
129=
130=

My question: Why isn't the ascii character above 126 being displayed? This is true all the way up to 255 and I dont think it's a Hebrew problem because if I do writeln ('׳–׳” ׳ ׳™׳¡׳•׳™'), I do see Hebrew in the output.

ASCII is a standard and there is no visible ASCII character above 126:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ASCII
http://www.lookuptables.com/

But maybe you can change the encoding as Hillel said?

Best Regards,

Uri Even-Chen
Speedy Net
Raanana, Israel.

E-mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Phone: +972-9-7715013
Website: www.uri.co.il

This trivial excercise was written using Kdevelop 3.0.4 under KDE 3.2.3 on a Mandrake 10.1 system.

TIA