Uri Bruck wrote:
Amos Shapira wrote:
I wouldn't call these "a solution",

Fine. Then it's a workaround.
Most people reading this list would accept such workarounds if this wasn't an MS system.

Not true.  A solution means fixing this automatically for all users in
the specific time zone, without having each user or sys admin to do
something specific to fix it.  Otherwise it's not a solution.  I guess
there are roughly one or two million computers in Israel - most of them
with some version of Windows.  I guess roughly at least 90% of them
don't bother on changing time zones twice a year manually.  It's too
much trouble for ordinary users, who don't even know what Control Panel
is.  Microsoft should come up with a solution that should fix it
automatically for all users.  It's not that difficult.  For example if
you have a pelephone, the time on it changes automatically whenever
there is summer time/winter time in Israel.  I think it's the same with
some Linux operating systems.  It's not that Microsoft can't do it -
they can.  They just don't care!  And believe me, they don't.

Uri.