Hi people,

I hope I'm not stepping on open wounds here, but I want to raise this
discussion.  My father has a computer with Windows 98, and he asked me
to check it for technical problems.  I told him that Windows 98 is old
and obsolete, so he should either upgrade to Windows XP or start using
Linux.  My father instantly replied that he wants to have Windows.  Also
at the office of his company, there are about 12 computers - all of them
using some version of Windows.  I wonder how come most people &
companies prefer Windows - is it because they're already used to it, or
because they're afraid of changing, or because they want to use a
specific software which is not available on Linux, or because they want
to be like everyone else?  Because most people I know, if they're not
computer geeks - use Windows.  And most companies too.  People even got
used to send documents in Microsoft Office format - even in business
related documents, legal documents etc.  Windows & Microsoft Office have
become a de-facto standard.

What do you think?

Uri Even-Chen
Speedy Net