>  even if the formatting is ****d.
> The document I receive is only one part. The bigger part is the document
> I need to send back to the client. Will it look the same on the client's
> machine?

The answer from a technical writer is no, not with MS office, not with
OO, not with anything other than pdf.

I had a client that no matter what I did if I sent an office 2000
document to them it never looked right. (we were both using office 2000)

That is why pdf is the only or one of the only sure ways of making sure
that what you did will look right on someone elses computer.

Aaron