Well, allow me to update you :)

They made a mistake (actually their CEO did), and they appologized
publically and cancelled all the licensing issues with SCO - so the
story ends..

You CAN install anything you like in those machines. Just for the fun
I switched the machine I had there from RHEL 3 update 5 to RHEL 4 and
to Fedora 4, and went back to RHEL update 5. I can compile any kernel
that I want and use it.

Furthermore, their agreement with you doesn't mention anything related
to which kernel to run on the rented machine - be it 2.0, 2.2, 2.4 or
the latest 2.6 with -mm patches - do whatever you want to do, crash
the machine as much as you want (you get KVM services for free).

Thanks,
Hetz