also, if it's not the firewall, it may be that you're connecting to fake
servers. razorback and the donkey servers are good. servers like sonny boy are
run by feds, riaa, mpaa, and other evil entities in order to make ur
downloading a little less easy (by having fake sources and stuff). and
actually, an ip filter should be used too (to filter out evil entity sources
that purposely give u parts of files that take forever to complete afterwards),
but unfortunately, the linux edonkey clients don't support it. (you can read
about these things in www.fucktheinter.net for example).

This email message and any attachments thereto are intended only for use by the
addressee(s) named above, and may contain legally privileged and/or
confidential information. If the reader of this message is not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended
communication in error, please immediately notify the [EMAIL PROTECTED] and
destroy the original message.