> However on Debian it is generally preffered to build kernels using
> make-kpkg --rootcmd fakeroot (from the package kernel-kpg) even when
> building a vanilla kernel.
>
> faked should take that much CPU time, though.

So it has been building for two days already, I have do simple tasks but
no serious work while it builds,  It is up to:

C      drivers/block/nbd.mod.o
  LD [M]  drivers/block/nbd.ko
  CC      drivers/block/paride/aten.mod.o
  LD [M]  drivers/block/paride/aten.ko
  CC      drivers/block/paride/bpck.mod.o
  LD [M]  drivers/block/paride/bpck.ko
  CC      drivers/block/paride/bpck6.mod.

if that means anything, but I remember kernel building only taking a few
hours??

I can in anycase wait, since I see it isn't locked up.

Aaron