Hi all,
I have a pthon script with a function in it that I have used for
renaming single files.

I now want to do it on a series of files.

the main program that uses the function is:

#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# M a i n   P r o g r a m
#---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Test run

# strLilyname = lilynameGen( '384-3.ly' ) - Commented this test out - it
generates a lilyname from the file
# strLilyname = lilynameAssign( '384-3.ly', strLilyname ) - Commented
this test out - it assigns the lilyname to the lily file

# This is the test run for the 'batch' function ...
strLilyname = lilynameGenAssign( '[a-z].ly', 'COPY' )
#this is what I tried to have it work on all files but I obviously have
not idea of the correct way to to this
# Alternatively test run: strLilyname = lilynameGenAssign( '',
'RENAME' )
print "Lily name =", strLilyname