Uri,

I am not sure that you grasp the enormity of the task at hand. However, I don't
want to discourage you. Unlike others, I would appreciate a stupid translator
that replaces a word by a word. It would be wonderful to have a free software
that is as bad Google or babelfish. I would LOVE to have a free too to make fun
about. Now we have nothing.

So go on and get to work. Note that if I were you, I'd set myself a more
realistic goals first. In a way, I am you: when we set out to write hspell we
had dreams of a linguistic future. I hope that the huge list that we collected,
of almost all modern Hebrew words, will be useful to you.

> I want to have both an algorithm and a database of languages (words,
> phrases etc) that will improve over time.  That is, start with a simple
> algorithm, and feed data into it.  The data will be sources and
> translations in any language.  When there is enough data for a given

The database you describe here is not dissimilar to WordNet, and I am told that
few list members are trying to extend the Hebrew WordNet. Maybe you can join
them.

--
Dan Kenigsberg        http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken        ICQ 162180901