Hi all,
I just signed up for a voip service Directtalk and they sent me a
Telco box and it says that it is a gateway.

In either case the setup screen had me enter my user name password and
actcoms servers address.

but I could never get the device to work.
the light for voice never lit and now when I try connect either
through the web browser or telnet or ping I get the messege network
unreachable.

I am using debian with actcom and cable (hot)

how do I determine where the problem lies?
Is it hardware? or some special setup that i need to do to get it up
and running with linux.

The tech support at directtalk isn't very linux savvy....

Thanks
Aaron