Shlomo Solomon <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> I've had a Gigabyte K8NS Ultra-939 (with a 3200 64bit CPU) for over
> a year and the only problem I've had was that when I set the BIOS to
> use Dual Channel DDR400 memory, the system seemed a bit unstable -
> but that may be a memory (hardware) problem - I never bothered to
> check. After disabling the Dual Channel feature everything runs out
> of the box.

Thanks, Shlomo, it's helpful indeed.

> This Motherboard has lots of extra features that you may not need
> (in fact I guess I don't either) like dual Raid, 2 on-board LAN
> chips (10/100 & 10/100/1000)

NVidia Gbit? Are you using the forcedeth driver? Does it work without
a problem? I have just given the code (the comments, actually :) in
2.6.12 a quick look and it seems that some problems are not
excluded. This is also mentioned in some of the reviews of
nVidia-based boards I've seen so far.

Can anyone say anything about the Abit KN8 Ultra-9 mobo? It has
nForce4 Ultra chipset, nVidia's LAN chip, and GeForce 6600 PCI-E
graphics card. It looks like the latter will not be a problem
driver-wise. The LAN chip still has me concerned a bit. I have googled
around but there does not seem to be a lot of useful info.

> In any case, go for a 939 pin board (not 754) since this will allow future
> upgrapes of the CPU.

Definitely ;-)

--
Oleg Goldshmidt | [EMAIL PROTECTED] | http://www.goldshmidt.org