On Wed, Jan 04, 2006 at 09:23:54PM +0200, Levy, Chen wrote:
> It's that time of the year, time to renew my domain.

> As I walk through the steps of doing that, I am required to agree to
> the "terms and conditions" of the registrar. In particularly in
> every place I looked so far such "terms" allow for the registrar to
> change the terms from time to time. And it is falls upon me to track
> the changes.

> Do anybody know of a place where a contract is a contract? That is,
> no one side can change it unilaterally?

http://www.gandi.net/contract.en.txt

The only "things can change" bit I see is section VII.8, which says
that you accept the ICANN and Verisign rules, that ICANN / Verisign
can change those, if it happens you get an email from Gandi and if you
don't agree to them, you must stop the contract (delete the
domain). (The contract says you can move to another registrar, but no
registrar is going to let you off ICANN / Verisign rules.)

That's as good as a registrar can make it, /me thinks.

--
Lionel