Hi,

On my previous laptop, I would compile the kernel once, and then if I need to
compile the same kernel again (lets say I only changed something from being
compiled-in to being a module) I would run "make", and watch it skip the
already-compiled parts quite quickly.

That way, recompiling an existing kernel would be much faster comparing to
compiling a 'fresh' kernel, except for cases where a change affects most of
the compilation (e.g. changing a setting that affects all modules).

Now, I'm on another laptop, and trying to do the same. However, every time I
compile the kernel it takes amazingly long, and goes through a full
compilation. Even running 'make' twice in a row makes it compile everything
again. This happened to me with 2.6.13.1 and 2.6.15 and 2.6.15.4.

What should I check? I'm running Debian SID, BTW.

Thanks,

 Aviram