Before you get a PocketPC instead of an dedicated music player you
should check the sound quality. I got a Palm Tungsten E2 last summer
and though its audio output has an annoying background noise that is
immediately audiable when the handheld is turned on. My iRiver
mp3-player doesn't have any such noise at all.

Regards,
Dov