On Friday, 24 בMarch 2006 20:03, Hetz Ben Hamo wrote:
> I just read the news that Checkpoint has cancelled their aquiring of
> SourceFire (the company who makes "Snort". You can see the article
> (in hebrew) here:
> http://www.ynet.co.il/articles/0,7340,L-3231753,00.html
>
> I have played a bit with Snort few years ago, and I think it's a good
> tool. What I don't understand is why the U.S is so "affraid" to sell
> it to a company like Check point? it was open source in their
> previous version so there's not many "top secret" stuff inside..

Americans, specifically of the U.S. type (Canadians are OK and south
americans I can deal with), are - generally - very stupid. (I'm talking
about the populace in general, and many of their decision makers - when
examined on a case to case basis, a surprisingly large number of them
are very well versed).

This "snort" business was often compared to the sell of six major U.S.
sea ports to a Dubai state-owned firm, which was approved w/o too much
considerations. The same department is the one that forbade the Israeli
Checkpoint from purchasing SourceFire, all this while the U.S. is in
arms against almost all arab countries. Makes you wonder, doesn't it ?

--
Oded

::..
Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it.