Hello,

I am mounting a solaris folder (/export/home) by adding to /etc/fstab
on a linux station the following:

192.168.0.10:/export/home /mnt/solaris nfs auto,rw

where 192.168.0.10 is the address of the solaris station.

I am running mount -a, and the solaris folder is mounted OK.
( The solaris station is up when the mount -a is issued)

Then it happens sometimes that the solaris station is down for
long periods of time.

If I try from the Linux station:
umount /mnt/solaris
it hangs.

Also if I try erronously to type cd /mnt/solaris
than it hangs at the first letter (/mnt/s) and
I have to close that window.

Is there a way to avoid this problem ? maybe some additional
patamter to the mount command in /etc/fstab?

-- RG