On 4/24/06, Yonah Russ <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Google is a bunch of Anti-Semites. You can read the details on my blog:
>
> http://www.yonahruss.com/2006/04/google-supports-terrorism.html

I do believe, Yonah, that you might be jumping to conclusions here. In
fact, I think what you have written above is calumniatory, defamatory,
denigratory, libellous and slanderous. Had I been Google I would have
sued you for that.

> I suggest everyone write an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> complaining about this injustice.
> Here is a sample email for your use:
> To whom it may concern,

To Google Analytics Support

> It has been brought to my attention that Google, much like Hamas,
> refuses to recognize the Sovereign State of Israel. I find this deeply
> disturbing, especially in light of the fact that countries like Iran,
> Iraq, Afghanistan, and North Korea (the likes of which threaten the
> existence millions on a daily basis) are listed in your Analytics
> service without prejudice

This is a demagogic statement, meant to illogicaly tie Google to the
Hammas. You took one fact - that Israel's time zone is missing - and
built a mountain of logically inconguant statements that cannot be
proven or even strongly tied to the original fact. You completely
ignore mitigating factors - like the existence of google.co.il, of
news.google.co.il, the Hebrew interface language and the Hebrew
language translation project, and the fact that they have an office in
Israel and hiring Israelis. Oh, don't let reality get in your way to
righteousness.

> Please correct this immediately and may I suggest that a public
> apology to Israel and the Jewish people would be appropriate.

That's rich, considering you send your email messages from GMail (yes
I checked the headers) and use their Analytics service.

> If this goes uncorrected, I'm afraid I will have to boycott Google's services.

Were I Google I would have closed all your accounts after that email.
But I think that they will follow Hanlon's Razor [1], which you should
have followed when you discovered that missing timezone:

- Never attribute to malice what you can attribute to stupidity.

-- Arik

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanlon's_Razor