Hi,

I patched the BIOS of that computer with the latest patch.

The good news is that it solved few things (not related) that I
thought to myself that they are not right, and in I was shucked to see
that I'm actually right ...

The bad news is that it did not solve my problem at all.

I tried all of the dma speeds possible to use, and only using
ide=nodma on grub parameters works.

I have two more ideas, but I would be very glad to get additional
ideas from any of you, if you have any ...

My first idea:
1. Compile your own kernel.
2. Try completely different hard-drive (I have an old hd, with dma of
133 or might even less).

Any more ideas you might be able to give me ?

Ido