On Tue, 04 Jul 2006 16:16:06 yahav Biran wrote:

> It's nightmare to process an xls file. An external system is generating it
> and I need to process it.
> Is there any way to convert Microsoft Excel xls To CSV using a shell script.
> Is there any linux util that can help?

There is the xlhtml package (sources at: http://chicago.sourceforge.net/xlhtml/
RPM package at Fedora extras). I use it for several years now. I have written
a very simple wrapper script. It works quite well.

Ehud.

--
 Ehud Karni           Tel: +972-3-7966-561  /"\
 Mivtach - Simon      Fax: +972-3-7966-667  \ /  ASCII Ribbon Campaign