Aharon Schkolnik wrote:
> On Monday 03 July 2006 11:59, Andre Bar'yudin wrote:
>> In big companies it is much more complicated.
>>
>> On 7/3/06, guy keren <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>> not that it will help you this time, but for next time:
>>>
>>> when i interview in companies and we get to the "terms of employment"
>>> stage, i clearly state that i require having a linux desktop. in my first
>>> few jobs, i simply had a linux desktop and that's it. exchange weasn't
>>> so popular back then, and since i did unix development, there was rarely
>>> a need for a windows PC for me (i wrote documentation in HTML).
>>> in the previous company i was given a VMWare workstation license to run
>>> windows on my linux in order to use various windows-specific applications
>>> (which were required for the job). in the current company i was given two
>>> PCs - one with windows and one with linux.
>
> I had no problem getting a linux desktop - I am writing from it now. However,
> I am certainly expected to receive my email via the company Exchange server,
> and to use it for appointments. Also, I need this functionality FAST. I am
> open for any and all suggestions.

Evolution with the appropriate connector will work, I used it at one
place, I don't think I needed the appointments part so I don't know
about it.

The connector was a closed-source product but was open sourced by Novell
when they bought Ximian. It seems that these days its an integral part
of Evolution.

Baruch