Hello Gilad,
You are doing a big jump here.  Let's try to walk a small step at a
time.

1. Start with diffing two files i.e. don't use the -X options or the
   -pBbNaur which requires several searches through man diff to verify.
   After the two-file compare works, try to add back those options.
2. Check the way you enter regular expressions by, for example,
   echo '\$Header' and egrepping your files with the same regular
   expression.
   (From my check, under bash and using egrep, '\$Header' is the correct
   way to match a line with the string '$Header' - so you got that part
   right.)
3. You wrote '\$Auther' - shouldn't it be '\$Author'?
4. If you did not solve the problem yourself by now, show the actual
   output from diff'ing two files with the unwanted blocks.
   Also specify exactly which you shell you used (I tested under
   bash 2.05b.0(1)-release).
   We'll know better where to look for the problem.
                                              --- Omer