There is an article about
How To Find A Computer With GNU/Linux Pre-Installed
http://lxer.com/module/newswire/view/66518/
pointing also to a list of such places.

I wonder if there is any such company in Israel and if we could
put together such a list?

I am quite sure that most (if not all) local computer shops will sell
a desktop computer without any operating system on it but the two
I asked here in Modiin would not touch Linux. They say the
customers don't ask for it and I think they don't know what to do with it.
<side note>
Frankly I think they make a nice part of their income on additional
software they sell (e.g. games) that either don't yet exist on Linux
or are free and might be even included in the distribution. So it might
not be their interest to promote Linux.
</side note>

Notebooks:
Once I bought a Dell notebook from http://www.notebookclub.co.il/