Amos Shapira wrote:

On 23/09/06, Ilya Konstantinov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Amos Shapira wrote:

> Who's the power behind linux.org.il right now?
Me. Always been me. (Well, ever since Linux.org.il stopped pointing to
IGLU's site.)

And what are your thought of what you want to do with this domain name?
Exactly what it is right now -- to be a portal to sites that do a better job than we can. By this, I aim to give all community sites and service providers equal representation, so that nobody would feel we're hagging the domain. In fact, I've always stated this at [ http://www.linux.org.il/about ]. If I understood Danny correctly, his sentiment is caused by the fact there's no 'single point of contact' for Linux on the "official" domain. Indeed, Linux.org.il doesn't give out that feeling. However, if we flip it around, that'll be misleading to make the community appear different than it really is -- loads of loosely-connected projects who do not report to each other and do not adhere to any common planning, and turn out with stuff we all use day-to-day. Red Hat or Oracle web sites may radiate this 'single point of contact' feel to increase their business, but we shouldn't feel any inferiority complex regarding the big boys and their sites. (You know, the kind of sites which emphasize outside-leading links -- cause, why would you want to go anywhere else?).

BTW, surprisingly, even though the site has low goals and requires little investment in content, I've hardly had contributing authors coming up to me with an informative two-paragraph piece in Hebrew on their favorite distro.