Oded Arbel wrote:
> --=-ZsO0KUhEhfDGBnOEuBju
>
> https://openjdk.dev.java.net/
>
> Which possibly means I should be able to download the sources and
> compile them, but in the instructions for downloading and building the
> Hotspot VM, I can't seem to be able to checkout the sources from the
> openjdk subversion repository - I get prompted for a password, which is
> never mentioned anywhere in the FAQ.
>
> Has anyone had any success in building OpenJDK on Linux, maybe even by
> checking out the source from subversion ?

If you're using netbeans, there's a guide getting javac (and probably
HotSpot as well) sources via netbeans update center:

http://nb-openjdk.netbeans.org/get-and-build.html

You can also download the zip bundles:

https://openjdk.dev.java.net/hotspot/

Haven't used dev.java.net in a while. IIRC you can use the username
"guest"  and an empty password to checkout from svn.

Otherwise the username/pass are the ones you've registered at
dev.java.net (assuming you did that).

Cheers
--
Meir Kriheli