On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 18:38 +0200, Ilya Konstantinov wrote:
> There's nothing in this extension which limits it to work only with
> the bank's site,

Actually, there is - from reading the extension's source its obvious
that it does its magic only when it detects the URL of bank hapoalim.

> nor is there anything to limit any other extension
> you've installed from stealing your data from any site.

>From reading the source again, it does no such thing - it simply fixed
the encoding meta data.

> While I agree this is risky, I must correct your assumption that the
> fact this extension claims to deal with a banking site makes it more
> or less likely to be spyware.

> On 12/7/06, Tzahi Fadida <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > Just a warning,
> > Installing an unsigned plugin that affects the connection with your bank is
> > not very smart (i remembered late myself, so don't feel bad).

While normally I would agree that this would be a problem, with such
extensions - and with open source code et al - its not a problem at all
as one can easily review the source code.

--
Oded
::..