Muli
Thanks. YDM.

Muli Ben-Yehuda wrote:
On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 04:31:02PM +0200, Danny Lieberman wrote:

Let's say (for the sake of argument, we do it the io-accounting way
- i.e. count cache io) - the numbers will be skewed, but they will
be skewed for everyone.

I would settle for a io stats per process (similar to sar, perhaps)
for a sampling period (to be defined): current, moving average,
maximum, minimum.,

For chrissake - my road bike speedometer can do that - surely we can
figure out a way to do it in Linux ;-)

With the caeats Gilad mentioned and considering the fact that you're
running an ancient kernel, strace likely offenders and count number of
IO related syscalls.

Where do I send the bill?

Cheers,
Muli