On 1/13/07, Ira Abramov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Quoting Amos Shapira, from the post of Wed, 10 Jan:
> On 10/01/07, Ira Abramov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >every few hours I try cvs update and building again. funny stuff. it's
> >always in flux, people commit to it around the clock, dependencies
> >appear and go away... just like the code here at work :-)
>
> That's probably the prime reason why I despise CVS and much prefer SVN and
> P4 - atomic commits (and easier merges, and file renaming, and...).

what has this got to do with anything? if they have a commit done every
hour or two and I do svn update or cvs update?

Doing cvs update in the middle of somebody's big commit, you risk
getting an inconsistent state.  With a project having such frequent
commits, this risk is non-negligible.
With svn, you always get either the state before the whole commit or
after it, no problem.

--
Beni Cherniavsky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> (I read email only on weekends)