On Monday January 22 2007 09:44, Dan Shimshoni wrote:
> Hello linux il ,
>
> I had been playing with the idea of writing a small
> utility in "C" on linux which will enable me to change boot
> prioirity on a linux machine, so that I will be able to toggle
> the boot sequence (boot from CD/ not boot from CD).
> I mean the boot sequence which the BIOS saves in CMOS.
Why not leave it to the bootloader to take care of El-Torito bootable CD-ROMs?
There are bin files that take care of that both for lilo and grub, last time
I checked, and a Gentoo howto on the topic.

--
Sincerely Yours,
Michael Vasiliev

Confidence is the feeling you have before you understand the situation.