Cancel my last.
Adding Option "DPMS" to my monitor in xorg did the trick.
Section "Monitor"
  identifier "L1910S"
  Option     "DPMS"

It seems that xorg and kde are not fully synced with their settings. The same
thing happened, for example, when i wanted to switch keyboard maps between
english and hebrew with alt-shift etc... In xorg.conf it works but in KDE
regional settings the switching groups did not. Annoying.

Thanks for the help!

--
Regards,
        Tzahi.