A bit of a followup from my previous question.
Are there already solutions to the per process I/O stats?
Not that my fun exercises into implementing a better block_dump would be
commercial grade (but rather fun grade), however, this is what drove me to
this when i was searching for just this tool for my thesis 1-2 years ago.

P.s. got the stub into my module to work by exporting a structure that
includes a function pointer from the kernel and in the module attach the real
function to the pointer in the kernel structure. Later this could be either
committed to the kernel tree (AS IF :) ) or be replaced by jprobe.

--
Regards,
        Tzahi.