Hi,

I contemplated whether to send this email to this list and i usually would not
be so public about this kind of thing, however, i am a bit at a loss and in
need of some tips so i hope you'd bear with me.
I have recently finished my MSc studies and wanted to find a linux related
job. Not necessarily kernel hacking/device drivers though this is what most
attracts. I can say without a doubt that it is difficult to convince
potential employers of your capabilities without a proven working experience.
It is the old chicken and the egg problem. I would have thought that 3
separate degrees and my 2 years experience with PostgreSQL internals would
have some leverage, however, i came to believe that this is a myth. Usually
it goes like this, i get 2-3 professional interviews and then get a negative
answer. I get the feeling these big companies i go to, just fill their
interview quotas and in the end takes people with the most working
experience. Especially in the north, where there are something like 30 people
contending per job.
Can someone throw some tips as to how i should proceed?
10x.

P.s.: As to some who would have paranoid thoughts that this is self
advertising, let me assure you that you are only partly correct, but there is
no other way to ask the question. So i apologize in advance for that part.

--
Regards,
        Tzahi.