On Saturday 14 April 2007, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to setup a database where I could pick one or more Perl
> modules from CPAN ( http://search.cpan.org/ ) and see which Linux
> distributions provide that module (and which version of the module) in
> their
> standard packing system?
>
> For Ubuntu I was pointed at this site:
> http://packages.ubuntulinux.org/dapper/perl/
> I guess I can screen scrap that page or I might even get my hand on
> the original database. Same with Debian
> http://www.debian.org/distrib/packages I think.
>
> What about other distribution? What about Solaris and other Unix machines?
> Can you ppl. point me to the package listings of other distributions?

Put it all on one line:

<<<<<<<<<
$
ncftpls \
ftp://ftp.nluug.nl/pub/os/Linux/distr/Mandriva/official/2007.1/i586/media/main/release/

grep '^perl-'

This is only for Mandriva 2007.1. If you want different versions, you can play
with the URL.

Note that some of the packages there are core: perl-devel, perl-doc, etc.

Regards,

        Shlomi Fish

Shlomi Fish      [EMAIL PROTECTED]

    -- An Israeli Linuxer