On Fri, Apr 20, 2007 at 08:55:34AM +0300, Oron Peled wrote:
> On Thursday, 19 �‘April 2007 10:16, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:
> > I have here FC4 on my laptop, and I had its wifi nicely installed -
> > up untill yesterday. Now, even when I want to take it down with
> >     rmmod ipw2200
> > and take its network interface down, something reloads it again
> > (and take the interface up with it, dhclient included).
>
> It's modprobe called by the kernel. You must have something like:
>   alias eth1 ipw2200

Yep, you got this one right! And commenting this out stopped the reloading.
Thanks!

However, my riddle is still alive since nothing has touched /etc/modprobe.conf
since Feb 3rd. And this current nonsense started only yesterday. It seems that
something decided to access my /dev/eth1 without my request. Odd.

--
Dan Kenigsberg        http://www.cs.technion.ac.il/~danken        ICQ 162180901