In short: There is a law presently being passed that will give the
police free access to all phone numbers, IP addresses, etc, creating the
largest such database for police use in the entire Western World (i.e.
Israel will set a new precedent for what is "allowable" in a democracy,
using totalitarian policies as inspiration).

This really worries me.  Not that I am a terrorist or criminal warlord
who is worried in a disruption of my activities, but in that I consider
it a major invasion of my privacy and a very bad direction for Israel to
go in.  I am therefore writing for two reasons:

1) To make you know about this proposed law.

2) To find out what we do to prevent it (assuming others are as troubled
as I am).

In my mind, there are very good reasons why in democracies, the police
need to obtain a warrant or court order for sensitive information.
Privacy is a basic liberty which needs to be protected.  Not only that,
such a system is bound to be abused, at first a little until such abuse
is common place.  All in all, a very downward spiral for the State.

Other thoughts are of course welcome.

Gadi

--
Gadi Cohen aka Kinslayer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> www.wastelands.net
Freelance admin/coding/design HABONIM DROR linux/fantasy enthusiast