Daniel Feiglin wrote:
> Has any one tried running MSI Laptops under Linux?
>
> Specifically has anyone tried the VR600 model?
>
> What's interesting about it:
> 1. It's not too expensive
> 2. You can buy it locally without a pre-installed OS
> 3. The reseller (in this case Ivory) claims that they support it at
> their various centers i.e. you're not stuck with a third party importer
> with one location here.
>
> Thanks,
>
> DAF

For Sara Fink:

Oron's remarks about Ivory are correct. You can see the details at of
the VR600 here:

http://www.ivory.co.il/product.asp?productid=427&CatCode=315

Note that the price is for the dual core. It's always worth getting a
price quotation with specific h/w details. You can buy over the Internet
- but I wouldn't for this. Sitting across the table from a sales rep can
give better results.

About drivers etc - surely that depends on what's on the MB? This thing
uses "known" components, AMI BIOS. In any event, I posted my query to
find out about specific known "gotchas".

begin:vcard
fn:Daniel Feiglin
n:Feiglin;Daniel
adr:;;POB 36;Shavei Shomron;Doar Na;44858;ISRAEL
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
tel;work:972 9 8616204
tel;fax:972 9 8621052
tel;pager:Skype user ID: baba_danny