base. It's fun. It's well documented. It even has KSS - an AJAX
library. It's robus. It's Python. It has a Cheese Shop. It has
conferences. It's open source.

It's an option worth looking into. Check them out at plone.org

|I second that|

It can be interconnected with LDAP, AD, NIS, PAM.
It has a booking center ( I use it for cluster booking :) )
IT has a lot of plugins.
Very good stuff.

Max.

-mike

On Nov 13, 2007 8:57 PM, Amos Shapira <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 14/11/2007, Gilad Ben-Yossef <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

When creating a SMALL BUSINESS WEB SITE (which is what the question was
about), coding HTML and CSS by hand is a gross mistake. I know because I
did it twice already.
Now with the context of "I did it twice already" it adds some more weight to
your opinion (besides your reputation not to bullshit most of the time :). I
already installed WP on my desktop right after reading your recommendation
but haven't got around to play with it. We already have a colour scheme and
some fonts defined by a graphics designer for other promotional stuff
(business cards, flyers we are going to distribute, the huge sticker all
over the back windows of our car) so I'll have to learn how to teach
whatever I use to comply with that.

That aside, I find it pretty frustrating not to be able to fully follow web
site designs so I figured it could be a good, justifiable opportunity to
learn this stuff (a bit like playing with assembly language, UNIX kernel
internals and the network stack from the ethernet layer up almost two
decades ago still helps me "connect things together" even when dealing with
much "higher" technologies like Java, web apps, databases, or even "foreign"
technologies like Windows since they all eventually have to work in the same
framework).

Thanks,

--Amos

Maxim Kovgan,
Distributed Systems and Data Mining Laboratory
Computer Science, Technion
http://dsl.cs.technion.ac.il