I'm compiling embedded environment, and there is a Makefile in iproute2 an
tc that have this line.
I'm using bash as a shell, also the other comps I have used.
I have read the echo entry in man bash, but didn't find nothing of
importance.
What I did found is that my echo version don't interpret any flags with --.
echo --version
--version
I'm running Ubuntu 7.10

Kfir