Hi list,
Few months ago I startes to build a site for
interactive solving of school math problems. First,
I've translated to hebrew and customized parts of WIMS
(WWW interactive multipurpose server)
(http://wims.unice.fr/).
Then I started to write Lisp-Maxima code for
additional functionality.
I think this site is quite unique, at least in hebrew
area. It's totally open source as well. I builded it
on Debian.
The problem is with hosting. I cannot use shared
hosting as I need Maxima, Gnuplot, Octave, Clisp and
other math programs.
I used self-hosting on my old P4 box but recently it
died :(
So now I'm looking for some sponsor who want to
contribute to study of math for israeli children (what
they are badly need as you probably know)...
Yigal