Hi Gilboa,
I am not sure what you are saying different that what I suggested. See more
inline below...

On Dec 25, 2007 8:10 PM, Gilboa Davara <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Mon, 2007-12-24 at 22:07 +0200, Tom Rosenfeld wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I recently started working at a new firm that is using CentOS 4.5 64
> > bit on the desktop.
> >
> > We were having trouble with some standard programs and we just
> > realized that they are related to the 64 vs. 32 bit issues.
> >
> > For example the flash plugin to firefox installed fine, but would not
> > work.
>
> CentOS (Like RHEL and Fedora) is dual-arch - it installs both the 32bit
> and 64bit versions of most applications.

I am using CentOS 4.5. As far as I see almost every app is 64 bits. There
are 64 bit libs installed in /usr/lib64 vs. the 32 bit ones in /usr/lib.

> You'll need to start the -32bit- version of firefox.
> In-order to do it, you'll have to install the firefox-32 package (yum
> install firefox-32) and start the 32bit firefox by using the firefox-32
> binary.

My yum does not find any package called "firefox-32". I had to install it
manually with the tar from the firefox site. What repository can I find it
in that supports Centos/RHEL?

> >  The best workaround I have found is to install the 32 bit firefox
> > instead and then all the plugins work fine.
>
> Yikes. Don't.

How is this different from your suggestion to install the 32 bit version via
yum?