Hi,
I have many customers with similar kinds of SCSI controllers running mostly
RHEL4 (though many are running RHEL3 & 5, and a very small part of them
non-enterprise Linuxes) and never experienced such a problem.
I do not believe that this is a driver issue, and this only leads me to
suspect that this is an hardware problem.

Actually, if you'll purchase a branded server (Sun, IBM, etc.), no one will
blame the Linux. But, you might be facing support issues because of the
uncertified & untested Linux flavor. (And I wouldn't blame them, I did
encounter a few problems in the past which involved specific community Linux
releases and branded hardware)

- Noam